Friday, July 11, 2014

2014 Reading Challenge|6 of 12 months

Hello everyone! :)

Well, the end of June marked the halfway point in my 12 month reading challenge for 2014! I am so excited to share my progress with you!

Back in late December I decided to do a reading challenge for myself as a New Years Resolution. I have been keeping track of what books I read and how many pages and in what months I read them since the beginning of 2014. I have to admit I am pretty proud of myself so far.

I started out the year reading the Hearts of Desperation Series by Roxann Delaney. I am friends with 2 of Roxann's daughters and have been for close to 15 years. I love this series. I am currently waiting for August because the last book in the series will be out, The Cowboy Meets His Match. I am sad the series is ending but as they say "All Good Things Must Come to an End." (I just got word from the author today that it is the second to last book in the series! How exciting for me, since I totally love this series!

I read the first 6 in January.

1. Bachelor Dad -- 224 pages
2. The Maverick's Reward -- 224 pages
3. The Reluctant Wrangler -- 224 pages
4. The Rodeo Rider -- 219 pages
5. Bachelor Cowboy -- 217 pages
6. The Lawman's Little Surprise -- 216 pages

Totaling at: 1,324 pages


Then, in February I only read 2 books. February always seems to go so quickly, maybe since it is the shortest month of the year? Who knows, but I found myself not having much time to read unfortunately. They were the next 2 in the Hearts of Desperation Series by Roaxann Delaney.

1. A Nanny For the Cowboy -- 224 pages
2. Designs on the Cowboy -- 224 pages

Totaling at: 448 pages


March is my birthday month so I was extremely busy most of the month so I read only one book. Though it was a great one. Jay Asher did a wonderful job.

1. Thirteen Reasons Why -- 304 pages

Totaling at: 304 pages (bet you knew that already, lol)


In April, I read only 1 book by Kody Keplinger and 1 very short novella by Jamie McGuire

1. The DUFF -- 280 pages
2. Mrs. Maddox -- 5 pages

Totaling at: 285 pages


May was my best month as far as pages I read. I read 5 books in total.
1. Divergent - by Veronica Roth -- 487 pages
2. Love, in English - by Karina Halle -- 487 pages
3. Shut Out - by Kody Keplinger -- 273 pages
4. Insurgent - by Veronica Roth -- 525 pages
5. We We're Liars - by E. Lockhart -- 240 pages

Totaling at: 2,012 pages


Lastly, in June I read 2 books, both by the same author, Morgan Matson. They were both really good!

1. Second Chance Summer -- 468 pages
2. Since You've Been Gone -- 449 pages

Totaling at: 917 pages


So, as it sits at the 6 month mark, I have read a total of 18 books and 5,290 pages!

My 6 month goal was 15 books and 5,000 pages. I reached it! YAY! :)
My 12 month goal is 30 books, and 10,000 pages. Leave me a comment to cheer me on, it is always needed! :)

Do you have a reading challenge? Plan to finish out the year with one? Leave me a comment letting me know all about you reading challenge, I would love to hear all about it! :)

Have a wonderful weekend!







No comments:

Post a Comment