Wednesday, July 9, 2014

June 2014|Favorites

Hello everyone! :)

I have a fair amount of items this month. Lots of random and fun stuff. So, let's get to it!

Category #1: Beauty
I have been searching for a good liquid liner with a felt tip that also wasn't going to cost me a ton of money. So, since I love Maybelline products, I decided to give Maybelline Master Precise by Eye Studio in black a try. I really like it! It of course takes a bit of practice, but it is so much easier than the standard liquid eyeliner. The color os rich and it dries quickly and stays put, all great qualities in my book.




Next, Is actually 2 different products in one, they are the same thing, just 2 different colors. Maybelline Great Lash-Lots of Lashes in clear and also in black. I have loved both of these for awhile now. I use the clear first so that I don't have to use more than just one or maybe two coats at the most. Doing it this way helps to really give my lashes more value and length without looking caked on.

The last product in this category is Olay Fresh Effects Bead Me Up Exfoliating Cleanser. Man, I put this on my face and instantly my face feels cleaner and awake. Since using it every other day my face has felt better.




Category #2: Books


Morgan Matson and I have become close after this month because I only read her books (just 2 of them). Second Chance Summer made me cry so much, it was truly emotional and beautiful. I cried non-stop the last 100 or so pages. Such a good book! Since You've Been Gone was a bit more light-hearted as far as the content goes, though it is still sad at parts too. It is about change and finding out who you are on your own without your best friend as a teenager.

I recommend both of these books to anyone who enjoys contemporary YA novels. Both are under 500 pages, so they are quick reads, but so worth the time you put into them.

Category #3: Food
First one, Twizzler Watermelon Pull and Peels, these were so good! I don't really eat much for sweets, but I couldn't help it when I saw these. I love watermelon flavoring, so these were perfect for me.


Next, my boyfriend came home from Canada with some snacks that they had bought for their all day fishing trips. The one I loved the best was Oats and Honey with Toasted Coconut Kind Bars and OH MY GOD they were so good! Oh and they are all natural. The taste and consistency and the fact that they were chewy and not hard, is all the stuff that sold me on this stuff and it is also what has made me a believer and I will be buying these again.

Category #4: TV Shows
Awkward on MTV -- I loved Ashley Rickards on One Tree Hill, so when I saw that she was on this show I had to watch it. She is quite funny but in an almost brooding, sarcastic way.

Faking It on MTV -- it is so funny and sweet. There have also been a few sad moments too which I can relate to the main story lime in this show. So, it makes this show even better to me.




I found a show on Netflix that was only 1 season long back in 2009. Accidentally on Purpose starred Jenna Elfman and Grant Show had a more minor part. I have no clue why they cancelled it, cause it was so funny! I adore Jenna Elfman, she can always make me laugh so hard! Grant Show really played a part that I have never seen him in, it was so different then his normal parts. I liked it.

I want to give an honorable mention to Orange is the New Black with it's 2nd season. I liked it, but I have to admit I liked season 1 much better.


Category #5: Websites
Thrift Books is really the main one I have been enjoying this month. I have been using this site since 2007 and I just keep falling love with it. The shipping is free and fast. The books are in great shape, the site is easy to use, and customer service is amazing. The prices are low and the selection is awesome too. Just click on the banner on the left side of the screen and it will take you to their site. You'll be glad you did.

Category #6: YouTuber
PiinkSparkles--Samantha, she is just so sweet and adorable. I especially adore her laugh, it makes me smile every time, even on a really bad day. I have been watching her channel for about a year now and I honestly get excited when I see that she adds a new video up. She is so funny. I am glad I stumbled across her channel.

Category #7: Electronics/Technology
I got a new iPhone5c in white. I had a barely working iPhone 4 that was about 3 years old and needed to be laid to rest, it was time. I love my new phone! It is the same programming that I had on my last phone, so it isn't a huge change, except that this one is faster and has a bigger screen. Also, I have Siri now, which has been kinda fun to use. lol.

That is my June 2014|Favorites! Hope you enjoyed this blog and I hope to hear from you in the comments! :)

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend and have a fantastic week!






No comments:

Post a Comment