Sunday, May 11, 2014

My TBR list for the Bout of Books Read-a-thon!

So, I have been looking through my Nook and my bookshelves and I think I have figured out the books I want to read during the read-a-thon next week, thought I might be overreaching with the amount I picked out, BUT at least if I do well, I will already have a good amount picked out! lol :)

The first one I am currently reading, so I want to finish it first! So, far I am in love with this book, it has made me see myself in it far too many times now and I am so happy I decided to read it. I have about 150 pages left to read or so.

Love, In English by Karina Halle -- worth reading, pick it up! :)







Next I chose a book that I just picked up at my favorite used bookstore here in Kansas, Book-A-Holic! I am hoping it will be worth the read!


Big, Fat Manifesto by Susan Vaught








Third pick is a prequel and 1st in a series together, I have been wanting to read these since they came out. I have them on my Nook, I really would like to get hard copies, if I like the books. :)


No Place Like Oz by Danielle Paige








and Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige -- I am excited to read these!!!







Fourth on the list is a book that has had a bit of bad hype in a small town because a teacher gave it to her students and it has a graphic sex scene between 2 teenagers in it, I want to see what all the hype is about because well I am an adult and I can, lol. Plus, there is more to the book, so I am intrigued to see what happens in it.


Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult -- I think I will be reviewing this one, since it has caused an "uproar" enough that someone was arrested during a school meeting about it! lol





Next is a book that isn't a sequel to a book I have read, but is set at the same school as the other one and it is of course by the same author. Whom, I grew fond of in her other book, she talked about real things people can go through. It might have been a little out there a few times, but nothing too far out that it couldn't be reeled back in if needed be.


Shut Out by Kody Keplinger






Sixth on this ever growing list is the book to a TV (Netflix) show that I watch, I am excited to read this one, because I love the TV show so much. I am going to be non-bias though, because I don't want the TV show to have ruined the book for me. :)


Orange is the New Black by Piper Kerman








Next is a the book that a movie I adore is based on, that I watched a few years ago now. I can't wait to crack open this one on my Nook, it will for sure be a good read. The author is known for her great writing.


Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn








And last but not least is a book I have heard so much about and I am excited to read it!


Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins








Now, mind you these are only tentative and I may not get to all of them. Sometimes I can sit and read for hours on end, other times I find myself doing many other things than reading. Not on purpose but because I am 33 and have other responsibilities, lol.

I will update MAYBE during the read-a-thon, but without a doubt afterwards. And I hope to join other read-a-thons too...

Ok, I am headed to make a video for the read-a-thon, wish me luck! lol.


xo-m
"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one...." -- George RR Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment