Thursday, May 15, 2014

Day 3 update for Bout of Books Read-A-Thon 10.0! :)

Well, it was a slow day again. I was super busy again. lol.
I am hoping to have more time today. We will see how that pans out. lol.
I only read 34 total pages, and they were all from Shut Out by Kody Keplinger. I really have enjoyed this book. Kody is a great writer and I can't wait to read more of her stuff.
I did switch over to Divergent after midnight though, so Thursdays updates will be what I have read from there. I was already close to 100 pages in, but I really wanted to pick it back up and see how far I could get into it because I have really enjoyed it.

So, in Shut Out, these girls are banning together to get a school feud between the football team and the soccer team to stop. I do have to say that for me, it is weird that the soccer team is even playing at the same time as the football team. Because where I am from soccer is a spring time sport but it is a fiction book, so I can't say too much, lol.
I like how the girls are relatable to all kinds of girls and aren't just 2 or 3 types of girls in high school. I like how Lissa doesn't come from a wealthy home and that her dad is not the "perfect" person, he has had his issues and her 27 year old brother still lives at home, all of these things are things that can happen in real life.

Ok, so that is my thoughts for the moment. I am gonna get some more reading done after I get off the phone with my cell phone company cause they are a mess, lol.

Have a great day! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment