Saturday, May 10, 2014

Learning and Growing...

Today, I am starting this blog so that I can have a place to put up reviews of books that I read and also talk (ok gush, swoon) over books that I love and sadly, even books I don't like near as much.
To start, I do not have just one genre that I enjoy to read. I love many different kinds. Reading has been so prominent in my life, it is almost as important as breathing! I live for the times I get to relax and read a book so I can just get totally lost in it and forget the real world for awhile.
Reading was passed down to me from my Gramps and my Mom. I appreciate it so much that I passed it on to my sons, namely my 12 year old, he loves to read just about anything he can get his hands on (appropriate for a 12 year old of course). I just this year found the whole new (to me) world of YouTube book reviews, hauls, tags, bookshelf tours and GoodReads is my best friend, so I can keep better track of what I have and haven't read, so I don't buy something I already have read (unless of course I truly want to own it). So, in my discoveries I found out that blogging reviews is a way to get your voice heard, so that others can grow and learn from your book experiences. I hope this is what I will achieve in starting this blog.
You will see photos, reviews, hauls, tags, and all kinds of stuff on this blog. We are going to have some fun, that's for sure! :)
Ok, so I should probably introduce myself. I'm Mandy. It's nice to meet all of you and I look forward to gaining some wonderful friendships from this blog.
A little about me: As I said earlier, I am 33 and I have 2 sons, they are 14 and 12. My boyfriend and I have 5 dogs. Squirt is a Chihuahua/Rat Terrier that is 7 (she runs the show with the other dogs, and she is the smallest, lol), Turbo is a Rat Terrier/Italian Greyhound and he is 7 also, Sidget is a 6 year old Bully and he is the dad (literally) to our 15 month old (tomorrow) Bullies Creature (male) and Roxxi (female). We also owned their mama (Toka was her name), but she passed away 7 days after the 8 puppies were born and then a week later we lost one puppy. We had only planned to keep one puppy, but when she passed away, we decided to keep 2. We are a busy family but we love the chaos. It is what drives us to succeed no matter the odds stacked against us.
I am a photographer, the boyfriend is a welder and we love our jobs. We belong to a Bully (the dog) Club, it's new to us, but we are loving it very much.
Most of all though, I am a reader and I have been for all but a couple years of my life. If I could find a place to sit comfortably and listen to music in my headphones and read, I will do so for hours/days, whatever... As long as I don't get interrupted all the time, I can concentrate and enjoy it, cause I get lost in it. Which brings me to why I decided to join a read-a-thon, my first one ever. On top of that I have joined all these book clubs and stuff online and in person. I also do books related videos on YouTube. Mine are non-traditional because I don't even appear in the videos, just books themselves. But, I have started this blog to go along with those videos, so I can still talk about books.
Ok, So that is about it for now.
I will have more posts coming soon!
Have a wonderful day! <3 xo-m

No comments:

Post a Comment