Monday, May 12, 2014

Bout of Books: Read-A-Thon Update: 11 hours in.

I am 11 hours in on my very first Read-A-Thon... I am loving it! I am focused and reading more than I have in a long time. I needed this! But, now, I am taking a break for about an hour. I am going to watch some Scandal, iChat with a friend and relax for a bit, lol. However, I wanted to update on my progress, so here it is, lol.

--In the first 2 hours, it took me a bit to get going BUT, I read 39 pages (trust me, it gets better, lol).

--In the 3rd and 4th hours, I read 45 pages (lol, no this is not what I meant by it gets better, lol).

--In the 5th and 6th hours, I read 61 pages (still gets better).

--In the 7th and 8th hours, I had to pick up a new book because my nook was dying and I had to leave the house. I read 33 pages (I had to take some kids to school and that lasts from 6 am (I have to go pick them up from their house) (They are not my kids) to 8 am. (Though I do get to read a bit when waiting in the parking lot or 50 minutes to drop the last kid off).

--In the 9th and 10th hours, I went back to the first book cause I was home. I read 183 pages (see I told you it would get better, lol.) And I finished the first book.

--In the 10th hour, I picked up a 3rd book because the 2nd one just wasn't something I was feeling at the moment. But, I got 12 pages in the 3rd book and realized it wasn't for me right now either. So, I picked up a 4th book and I am currently 5 pages in, it is good so far, I just needed a break for a bit. So, that hour I picked up 17 pages.
Which brings my grand total to: 378! YAY! I am hoping this week is fruitful like this first day has been. :)


Ok, so to name the books I have been reading are:

--The 1st book, the one I finished is Love, In English by Karina Halle. It was such a good book! I just saw so much of myself in Vera. Following my heart, even if it wasn't exactly how I needed to be acting. The tattoos. And so many other things. I am glad I picked this book up! :)

--The 2nd book is: Big, Fat Manifesto by Susan Vaught. It is going to be a great book, I can tell. But, I am seeing myself too much in this character, and I know it is going to be a heart-wrencher for me, so I needed to put it down and find something that I didn't relate to quite so much.

--Book #3 is, No Place Like Oz by Danielle Paige. It is a novella prequel to Dorothy Must Die. Which I want to read both, I just don't think they are fitting with me doing this Read-A-Thon. So, I will be picking them again at a later time.

--Book #4 is Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult. I am nervous yet looking forward to reading this. I have heard so much about it. I will probably do a review about it after the Read-A-Thon, because I have heard so much about it.

Ok, that is it for this update. I will be back to update more later on. :)
Hope everyone has a wonderful day!







No comments:

Post a Comment