Sunday, June 15, 2014

Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson Review

Hi everyone! :)


So, I picked up this book 5 days ago with so much anticipation because of all of the things I heard about it from other readers. I tell you, I was not in the least bit disappointed. I usually wouldn't have taken so long to read a book of this size and by how much I loved it, but the boyfriend was leaving for a 9 day fishing trip to Canada in the middle of those 5 days, so I was spending time with him and getting him packed and ready to go (He is capable of packing for himself, but I like to do it for him, mainly because he is forgetful, lol). But, once he was gone I finished this book so quickly!

It was really hard to keep having to put this book down. From beginning to end this book was well worth the read and then some. I was lost in this book immediately every time I picked it up. I also found myself hoping to find time soon to get back at it.

Before I get too much farther, I have to say I cried off and on throughout the entire book, but the last 100 or so pages were brutal. I don't think I stopped crying even once. This book too a lot out of me, but it was well worth it.

The writing was amazing! Morgan Matson became one of my favorite authors after this book and next I start Since You've Been Gone by her, I am very excited for it!

Ok on to my description. Second Chance Summer is about a 17 year old girl named Taylor who goes back to her family's summer house on the lake after 5 years of their absence because her dad found out on her birthday in May that he has 3 months to live. The last time they had been in the lazy little lake community she was 12 years old and had bailed when her best friend, Lily, found out something that Taylor had been from her, though not maliciously. At the same time, she bailed on her boyfriend, Henry, all with no explanation of goodbye. Taylor has a issue with the fight or flight topic, she tends to choose the flight option when it isn't usually necessary. She is working on this though it is a hard road to go down alone. There are flashbacks throughout this book, but they are marked, so there is no confusion.

I want to buy the hard copy of this book and reread it. My Nook is great, but when I find a book I have fallen in love with, I want to proudly display it on my bookshelf. For real... pick-up-this-book! Especially if you enjoy contemporary reads. It is amazing.


Look or a review on "Since You've Been Gone" by Morgan Matson coming soon.





Have a wonderful week everyone! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment