Monday, June 30, 2014

June 2014|Wrap-Up

Hello Everyone! :)

My June wrap-up is gonna be a short one this month. I had so much going on, I just didn't have much time to read! But, the books I did read were awesome! So away we go...

Book #1: Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson
I have a review already up for this one, here... I truly loved this book! The 468 pages went by so quickly. I literally would wish I was reading this book when I wasn't able to, that doesn't happen to often. Honestly, I cried so much while reading this book, namely the last 100 pages, which was non-stop. It was so sad, beautiful, heartbreaking, and emotional. I wish it had went on even longer though.


Book #2: Since You've Been Gone
Look for a review on this one this week or next. This one being 449 pages, still went by so quickly. This book is nothing like Second Chance Summer but it is set in the same town as the family is from. I have to admit, I love that little tie in. Kody Keplinger also does this between The DUFF and Shut Out , there is no mention of the characters from the other book, but it is still a nice little tie in. Since You've Been Gone was sad but in a totally different way. It is also a very nice natural version of friends falling in love. I hate when it seems so forced. This one really didn't make you feel like the girl and guy are just stupid and not really thinking it through before they just start spouting off. Well, there was one part, but honestly they are teenagers, so once in the book is ok ;) lol.

Altogether, I read 917 pages between the 2 books. I'd say I did pretty good considering. :)

Have a wonderful rest of your week! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment